Our first day of tutoring will be Wednesday, August 19th. Appointments will be available soon.
FREE Tutoring – Armstrong campus
The Science & Mathematics Academic Resource & Tutorial (SMART) Center offers free tutoring to the Armstrong campus by student tutors in Anatomy and Physiology, Biology, General and Organic Chemistry, Physics, Statistics, and Mathematics. Appointments for in-person and virtual tutoring should be made through the EAB Navigate system.
Appointments will be available in 45 minute blocks beginning at 10 am and ending at 9:30 pm.
Email submissions of problems that you have worked on but have questions about may be submitted by emailing: email@example.com. They will be directed to a tutor to make comments and suggestions on, then returned via email.
Location: Science Center 132-134 and online
Click on your class below to see who can help. (updated soon)
- Quantitative Skills and Reasoning (MATH 1001)
- College Algebra (MATH 1111)
- Pre-Calculus (MATH 1113)
- Calculus I (MATH 1441)
- Calculus II (MATH 2242)
- Discrete Math (MATH 2130)
- Introduction to Statistics (STAT 1401)
- Principles of Biology I/II (BIOL 1107/1108)
- Anatomy and Physiology I (BIOL 2081)
- Anatomy and Physiology II (BIOL 2082)
- Principles of Chemistry I (CHEM 1211)
- Principles of Chemistry II (CHEM 1212)
- Organic Chemistry I (CHEM 3401)
- Organic Chemistry II (CHEM 3402)
- Introductory Physics I (PHYS 1111K)
- Introductory Physics II (PHYS 1112K)
- Principles of Physics I (PHYS 2211K)
- Principles of Physics II (PHYS 2212K)
Many of our student tutors are comfortable with material from upper level classes not listed above. If you do not see your class listed, feel free to come in and ask our tutors if they might be able to help.
The SMART Center maintains a large collection of Anatomy and Physiology models, microscopes and slides and also Organic Chemistry models that will be available for students to get a hands-on approach to their studies.
We are now offering a Calculator Checkout Program where students and faculty can borrow calculators to use in their science classes.
- Make your appointment online.
- Be sure to read the material assigned by your instructor carefully and make an attempt to do the work before requesting tutoring assistance.
- Understand that we may not be able to help you immediately upon your arrival, but we will assist you as quickly as possible.
- Bring your textbook, notes, and syllabus with you to the SMART Center to help your tutor determine how your instructor is approaching the material.
Note: You need an appointment to use the SMART Center.
Click here (to be updated soon) These are tutors that work in our center and wish to earn some extra money in their spare time. Arrangements should be made with the tutors directly and meetings should take place somewhere safe, away from the SMART Center.
Science Center 132-134
Matt Brown, Director
Science and Mathematics Academic Resource & Tutorial Center
College of Science and Mathematics
Georgia Southern University
11935 Abercorn Street
Savannah, GA 31419
Last updated: 8/13/2020