Sustainable Aquaponics Research Center
Researching the Economics and Sustainability of Aquaponic Systems
The Sustainable Aquaponics Research Center (SARC) is a joint venture between Georgia Southern University and the FORAM Foundation. Our aquaponics system is located in a 4,100 square foot greenhouse that supports student and faculty research in areas of biology, chemistry, economics and engineering.
Our Mission: To conduct cutting-edge research, and to develop technologies and best practices that improve the sustainability and profitability of soilless farming techniques.
FORAM SARC In the News
- Donating produce to Second Harvest
- Georgia Farm Monitor TV Spot
- Front page of GSU.edu – Farm-to-Table with Southern Cafe
- SARC Senior Scientist invited to TEDx Savannah
- FORAM SARC was highlighted by FOX 28 News at 10
- WTOC recently interviewed and visited our SARC facility
- Savannah morning news recently visited our SARC facility
Join the Weekly Mailing List
Anyone wishing to receive weekly emails regarding SARC updates and to order produce should follow these instructions:
- Log into your My.GeorgiaSouthern.edu Google account
- Go to the SARC google group page
- Edit your settings in the popup to join the group
To join using a non-google email account, or if the process above does not work:
- Email Aquaponics@GeorgiaSouthern.edu and request to be added to the produce mailing list
- Once you are added, you will receive emails at the account you provided.