- Georgia Southern University – Statesboro campus serves as the host program with additional locations at: Georgia Southern University – Armstrong campus, Savannah State University, and East Georgia State College – Statesboro
- 45% Caucasian, 40% African American, and 7% Hispanic and 6% Other
- 62% Male and 38% Female
- 56% Scholarship, 33% Simultaneous Membership Program (SMP), and 11% Non-scholarship/Non-SMP
- Average GPA of our Contracted Cadets is 3.2
- Average time to graduate is 4.2 years, including those who miss a semester for Basic Training
- One of the largest non-military college Army ROTC program in the Southeastern United States
- One of the top producers of Army ROTC Nurses in the nation
- Eagle Battalion maintains approximately 25 contracted Nurse Cadets
- The Eagle Battalion has met or exceeded it’s required Army mission for Commissions for the last 13 years. Each fiscal year, Cadet Command issues missions to every ROTC program, telling them how many Commissioned Officers they are to produce. Our program is one of only a handful of throughout the country to achieve their mission for the past decade.
- Our program also serves as the Green to Gold counterpart battalion for Ft. Stewart and Hunter Army Airfield.
- Many of our Cadets are involved in additional activities such as varsity athletics, intramurals, Student Government Association, Color Guard, Ranger Challenge, and various other organizations throughout campus and the community.
- Four-time MacArthur Award Winner (2009, 2010, 2015, 2016). The prestigious MacArthur Award is presented to the top ROTC program from each of the eight brigades.
- 6th Brigade Ranger Challenge Winner (2013), 2nd Place (2014, 2017)
- Top Nursing program in 6th Brigade (2015)
- Highest GPA in 6th Brigade (2015)
Last updated: 4/28/2023