Addressing Real-World Problems
Growing Research Environment
Georgia Southern University has a growing research environment, and continues to offer exciting hands-on experiences for its students. Interdisciplinary research teams are tackling global challenges in our laboratories, using new approaches and materials in their projects.
For a complete list of research projects, please visit the departmental websites:
Here are a few of our latest research projects in the College of Science and Mathematics:
- Dr. Kerrie Sendall (Biology) – has a paper in Nature!
- Dr. Christian Cox (Biology) – got an NSF award recently
- Dr. Ji Wu (Chemistry) – got an NSF award recently
- Dr. Lorenza Beati has a workshop funded through NEON
- Dr. Gary Guillet (Chemistry) – got an NSF award recently
- Dr. Checo Colon Gaud (Biology) & Dr. Danny Gleason (ICPS) – got an NSF REU recently
- Dr. Karelle Aiken’s REU was renewed by NSF
The College of Science and Mathematics conducts research in a number of high-profile areas, joining both national and international colleges, universities and industries to integrate our findings into education and workforce development. Our research teams span multiple disciplines, ranging from the sciences, engineering and mathematics to computing and global environmental concerns.
Learn more about our research groups at Georgia Southern: