Study Abroad in Romania
SPEND YOUR SUMMER IN BEAUTIFUL ROMANIA!
Experience the history, culture, burgeoning scientific and political influence of the country of Romania!
Join Dr. Dragos Amarie on a 5-week excursion in the country of Romania to become acquainted with the increasing influence and importance of this Eastern European state. Learn about the country through cultural excursions, while exploring the field of physics.
Nature and Purpose of the Program:
Romania’s strong folkloric traditions and attachment to the natural environment makes studying the natural sciences a uniquely rewarding experience. This program allows students to explore the field of physics in an experiential setting, and trips throughout the host city and country will allow students to study physics in a laboratory setting, as well as its use in daily life.
The 5-week trip will be based in Craiova, Romania’s 6th largest city located in the southwestern part of the country, and in the heart of the Balkan peninsula. Living and studying in Craiova provides ample opportunity to study the major historical, political, religious, architectural, and scientific developments of Romania and understand how this convergence of cultures and traditions are making the country a technologically and strategically important state. Romania has produced an extraordinary number of scientists and engineers whose work has positively impacted the lives of millions around the world. Study and hone your knowledge of the principles of physics by learning with the guidance of Dr. Amarie with the help of our hosts at the University of Craiova.
Excursions and Activities:
- Excursion to the regions of Oltenia, Wallachia, and Transylvania
- Explore physics in daily life with trips to Lotru-Ciunget Hydropower plant, Ocnele Mari Salt Mines, Ford Romania, Cummins Generator Technologies, Ruris, or Popeci.
- Trips to the Hateg Bison Reserve, Ulpia Traiana Sarmizegetusa (the capital of Roman Dacia), cruise on Danube, or Horezu Ceramics Shop.
- Visits to several history and art museums and historic places and monasteries, such as Dracula’s Castle, Peles Castle, Medieval Fortress of Severin, Rasnov Fortress, Deva Fortress, Cozia Monastery, or Corvin Castle.
- Visit Bucharest, the capital of Romania and the Palace of the Parliament, the Cotroceni Palace, Mogosoaia Palace, Grigore Antipa National History Museum, or Dimitrie Gusti National Village Museum.
- …and much more!
Have questions or need more information? Please contact:
Dr. Dragos Amarie, Department of Physics – firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested: Apply Here
Last updated: 10/10/2022