Students are introduced to the concepts of evolution, natural selection, and fitness. They then get to see these processes through a made up scenario where a group of monsters have to relocate. Students chose what traits they want their monster to have and then get to see if their monster can survive in this new island habitat.
1. Describe the process of natural selection
2. Explain how natural selection leads to evolution
3. Describe how adaptations can increase fitness
4. Distinguish between artificial and natural selection
5. Infer as to which adaptations are best suited for environmental conditions
adaptation, mutation, evolution, natural selection, gene flow
Last updated: 3/3/2015