What is the Georgia Southern University STEMstars/Molecular Biology Initiative?
The STEMstars Program at Georgia Southern University is an initiative designed to enhance the graduate educational experience for students pursuing diverse areas of biological research.
The program offers focused molecular biology training, professional enrichment opportunities, intensive mentoring, and a structured community outreach component.
Get the fact on the MBI Program
- STEMstars fellows participate in:
- mentor-directed research and course work
- molecular biology courses
- professional development seminars (grant writing, presentations, etc.)
- community outreach, where fellows serve as content experts to area high school teachers
- The STEMstars Program is housed within the Department of Biology at Georgia Southern University.
- The goal of the program is to provide graduate students with professional enrichment opportunities and strong molecular biology training in diverse research areas.
- The STEMstars Program financially supports fourteen fellows each year.
Last updated: 12/22/2020