Southern Georgia Mathematics Conference
The Southern Georgia Mathematics Conference (SGMC) brings together leading experts, researchers, graduate, and undergraduate students in various disciplines in southern Georgia, nationally and internationally, to share research experiences and ideas in the fields of Applied Mathematics, Mathematics Education, and Undergraduate Mathematics.
The SGMC is scheduled for Friday and Saturday, April 2-3, 2021. This year, the SGMC will have four plenary sessions consisting of 50-minute talks from eminent mathematicians, and several parallel sessions consisting of 15-30 minute invited talks from scholars, researchers and experts in the broad areas of Applied Mathematics, Mathematics Education and Undergraduate Mathematics. We feature a MAA State Luncheon Address by the keynote speaker for Undergraduate Mathematics. Moreover, there are several contributed talks from graduate and undergraduate students. We include sessions and breaks containing entertainment and live music by professional musicians in Statesboro, GA, to enliven this conference and help participants relax at the end of the conference.
SGMC is part of the new conference series called 1st Special Colloquium Series for Mathematical Sciences (SCSM), created in the department of Mathematical Sciences at Georgia Southern University, consisting of special days and conferences for the subdisciplines in the department namely, Statistics, Pure Mathematics, Mathematics Education, Applied Mathematics and Undergraduate Mathematics.
This year, all SCSM events will take place virtually via Zoom. We are hopeful that the covid-19 pandemic will quickly come to a halt, and we are able to meet both physically and virtually in the future.
Divine Wanduku, Ph.D. (Statistics, Statesboro Campus, Chair of the committee; firstname.lastname@example.org)
Duc Huynh, Ph.D. (Undergraduate Math, Armstrong & Liberty Campuses; email@example.com)
James Brawner, Ph.D. (Undergraduate Math, Armstrong & Liberty Campuses; firstname.lastname@example.org)
Paul Sobaje, Ph.D. (Pure Math., Statesboro Campus; email@example.com)
Heidi Eisenreich, Ph.D. (Math Education, Statesboro Campus; firstname.lastname@example.org)
Zhan Chen, Ph.D. (Applied Math., Statesboro Campus; email@example.com)
UNDERGRADUATE MATHEMATICS (MAA State Luncheon Address)
Parallel Special Sessions
- EVOLUTIONARY PDES IN MATH-PHYSICS I
- Organizer: Shijun Zheng, Georgia Southern University; firstname.lastname@example.org
- EVOLUTIONARY PDES IN MATH-PHYSICS II
- Organizer: Yongki Lee, Georgia Southern University; email@example.com
- DATA SCIENCE
- Organizer: Emil Iacob, Georgia Southern University; firstname.lastname@example.org
- HARMONIC ANALYSIS
- Organizer: Alex Stokolos, Georgia Southern University; email@example.com
- SYMBOLIC COMPUTATIONS
- Organizer: Andrew Sills, Georgia Southern University; firstname.lastname@example.org
- PROBABILITY AND DATA ANALYSIS
- Organizer: Fastel Chipepa & Broderick Oluyede, Botswana International University of Science & Technology; email@example.com
- MATHEMATICAL BIOLOGY
- Organizer: Numfor Eric, Augusta University; firstname.lastname@example.org
- TRENDS IN BIOMEDICAL MATHEMATICS
- Organizer: Ephraim Agyingi, School of Mathematical Sciences, Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester, New York 14623; email@example.com
- Heidi Eisenreich; Georgia Southern University; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tuyin An; Georgia Southern University; email@example.com
- Eryn Maher; Georgia Southern University; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ha Nguyen; Georgia Southern University email@example.com
- Sharon Taylor; Georgia Southern University; firstname.lastname@example.org
- James Brawner, Georgia Southern University; email@example.com
- Duc Huynh, Georgia Southern University; firstname.lastname@example.org
ENTERTAINMENT AND LIVE MUSIC
- Wesley Rogers; email@example.com, Georgia Southern University
About the 1st Special Colloquium Series for Mathematical Sciences (SCSM)
The new conference series, SCSM, is an initiative by the Colloquium Committee of the department of Mathematical Sciences in Georgia Southern University, designed to increase collaboration and connectivity between our department in Georgia Southern University and other mathematics departments/colleges in Georgia, nationally and internally. Moreover, this is a major venue for bringing together leading experts, researchers, graduate, and undergraduate students in various disciplines in southern Georgia to share research experiences and ideas in the fields of Statistics, Pure Mathematics, Mathematics Education, Applied Mathematics and Undergraduate Mathematics.
This year, SCSM has hosted the following successful virtual conferences in Zoom, bringing together senior researchers, recent Ph.D.’s, graduate and undergraduate students in Statistics and Pure Mathematics. Please, see the links below to get a sample of the schedule for the SCSM special day events.
Full Conference Program
CONFERENCE PROGRAM BOOKLET (Zoom Logins)
CONFERENCE ABSTRACT BOOKLET (Details on all the speakers & authors)
Registration for this conference is free, but required. ONLY registered participants will receive any shared conference material, and conference privileges in Zoom.
- Register HERE
Last updated: 4/1/2021