Clark Alexander, PhD
Phone: (912) 598-2329
Fax: (912) 598-2310
- Providing a Temporal Framework for Ossabaw Island in Support of Physical and Social Science Research. This project is determining the age structure of the island, which has great bearing on natural resource development and human usage.
- Remote Bathymetric Measurements with NCAM., with J. Blanton. This project is creating a detailed DEM of a salt marsh in coastal Georgia, which will be used in validation of a salt marsh tidal circulation model (underlying justification is nuclear non-proliferation).
- Statewide Assessment of Wrack Distribution in the Georgia Estuarine Environment Using Aerial Photography.
- Coastal Hazards Education and Outreach Portal for Georgia. This project is creating an ARCGIS Server application to allow geohazard information to be shared with GA residents.
- Coastal Hazards, Know the Facts. This is an extension of the grant above which has some sea-level rise modeling (using SLAMM v. 6) and a good deal of public/teacher outreach performed by UGA Marine Extension employees.
- Development of a Shoreline Restoration Prioritization Tool for Coastal Georgia. This project is creating a decision tree to recommend the best way to protect a shoreline.
Last updated: 7/13/2016