Master of Science in Environmental Science
Begins Spring 2023
The Master of Science in Environmental Science is offered through the Institute for Coastal Plain Science. A 4+1 program, students can obtain both a BS and MS in a total of 5 years by applying in their junior year, in order to begin the program their senior year. Learn more about Accelerated Bachelor’s to Master’s (ABM) Programs.
- Students must have a GPA of 3.25 (on 4.0 scale) in major courses, or will be admitted at the discretion of the graduate admission committee.
- Two Letters of Recommendation will be required from individuals familiar with the applicant’s potential to complete graduate work.
- The Applicant’s Statement of Purpose needs to include interest in the program, relevant research experience, and future plans.
- Total of 36 credit hours beyond BS
- Curriculum is truly interdisciplinary across COSM (College of Science and Mathematics)
- Complete up to 15 hours of MS requirements in Senior year
- Gain hands-on, real-world experience by completing required Research/Internship
Could you benefit from this program?
- Environmental Science is a very broad field, so ask yourself questions like:
- Do you enjoy doing research?
- Are you interested in both science and policy?
- Are you interested in developing strategies and solutions for common environmental problems?
- Do you enjoy educating others and/or public outreach?
- Opportunities in environmental science and related fields are projected to grow 8% between now and 2029. (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- In 2020, median salary for environmental scientists and specialists was $73,230 per year.
Questions? Check out the FAQs for more specific information.
Last updated: 2/4/2022