Dr. Ria Ramoutar
Office: Chemistry & Nursing Bldg. Rm. 2212
- B.S. Claflin University, Orangeburg, SC (2003)
- Ph.D. Clemson University, Clemson, SC (20o9)
- Introduction to General, Organic and Biochemistry (CHEM 1140)
- Principles of Chemistry I (CHEM 1141, CHEM 1211)
- Principles of Chemistry II (CHEM 1146, CHEM 1212)
- Survey of Chemistry I (CHEM 1151, CHEM 1151-online)
- Survey of Chemistry II (CHEM 1152)
- Advanced Inorganic Chemistry Labs (CHEM 3240)
- Principles of Biochemistry I Lab (CHEM 5541)
- Analytical Chemistry Labs (CHEM 2242)
- Organic Chemistry I labs (CHEM 3401)
- First Year Experience (FYE 1220)
- Pierre, T. H.; Ramoutar, R. R.; Gato, W. E. “A Review of the Relationship between Type 1 Diabetes and Renal Injury”. Manuscript in prep.
- Zimmerman, M. T.; Bayse, C. A.; Ramoutar, R. R.; Brumaghim, J. L. “Sulfur and Selenium Antioxidants: Challenging Radical Scavenging Mechanisms and Developing Structure-Activity Relationships Based on Metal Binding,” J. Inorg. Biochem. 2015, 145, 30-40
- Barreto, J., Reilly, J., Frost, L, Brown, D., Coticone, S., Dubetz, T., Beharry, Z., Davis-McGibony, M., Ramoutar, R., Rudd, G, Gurnack, M.E. “A case study, for teaching quantitative biochemical buffer problems using ‘Khan Style’ videos: ‘Inverting the classroom’ with video lectures assigned as homework, followed by group problem solving during class”, J. Coll. Sci. Teach., 2014, 44, 48.
- Battin, E. E.; Zimmerman, Z. T.; Ramoutar, R. R.; Quarles, C. E.; Brumaghim, J. L. “Preventing Metal-Mediated Oxidative DNA Damage by Selenium Compounds,” Metallomics, 2011, 3, 503-512.
- Grimland, J. L.; Wu, C.; Ramoutar, R. R.; Brumaghim, J. L.; McNeill, J. “Photosensitizer-doped conjugated polymer nanoparticles with high cross-sections for one- and two-photon excitation,” Nanoscale, 2011, 3, 1451-1455.
- Ramoutar, R. R.; Brumaghim, J. L. “A Review of the Antioxidant and Anticancer Properties and Mechanisms of Inorganic Selenium, Oxo-Sulfur, and Oxo-Selenium Compounds,” Cell Biocheml. Biophys. 2010, 58, 1-23.
- Ramoutar, R. R.; Brumaghim, J. L. “Effect of Inorganic Selenium Compounds on Oxidative DNA Damage,” J. Inorganic Chem. 2007, 101, 1028-1035.
- Ramoutar, R. R.; Brumaghim, J. L. “Investigating the Antioxidant Properties of Oxo-Sulfur Compounds on Metal-Mediated DNA Damage,” Main Group Chem. 2007, 6, 143-153.
Last updated: 8/17/2019