Public Evenings & Events
All events are free! At each showing, we collect non-perishable food items for the Statesboro Food Bank. We thank you in advance for your donation to help those in need in our community! The planetarium can seat up to 63 visitors with 2 ADA wheelchair spaces. Due to fire code safety for indoor events, we ask that you do not bring strollers into the planetarium.
Tickets can be reserved beginning 7 days before the shows date. Tickets will also be available in the planetarium lobby starting at 5:30 P.M. and throughout the evening of the presentations.
Ticket holders must be in line 10 minutes before the start time of the presentation, otherwise seats will be given to visitors waiting. Please arrive early for your desired presentation time, seating together is not guaranteed.
To reserve tickets Email Planetarium@GeorgiaSouthern.edu
Emails must have the Subject “Tickets”
Emails must contain:
- Number of tickets to be reserved
- Show time
Reserved Tickets will be held until the day of the Event where they may be picked up from a volunteer at the entrance of the Planetarium. If tickets are not picked up within 5 minutes of the presentation they will be forfeited.
- We offer Telescope viewing during the event from 6 pm to 9:30 pm.
- Telescopes will be located on the Observation Deck which can be found on the roof of the Math/Physics Building. Signs to the Observation Deck are provided near the stair well by the Planetarium.
- Telescopes are operated by volunteering Physics Majors and Society of Physics Students Telescope Technicians.
- Telescope viewing is dependent on weather. If conditions are not favorable for viewing the sky the Observation Deck will be closed.
For Summer 2017 we will not be hosting our usual Public Evenings. Instead if there is a show we have you would like to see or you would like to just come and experience the Planetarium send us a email at Planetarium@GeorgiaSouthern.edu and let us know which show you would like to see and we will set up a time for you to visit.
Last updated: 6/6/2017