What is the Georgia Southern University Molecular Biology Initiative (MBI)?
The Molecular Biology Initiative (MBI) Program at Georgia Southern University is a National Science Foundation funded initiative designed to enhance the graduate educational experience for students pursuing diverse areas of biological research.
The program offers focused molecular biology training, professional enrichment opportunities, intensive mentoring, and a structured community outreach component.
Get the fact on the MBI Program
- MBI fellows participate in:
- mentor-directed research and course work
- molecular biology courses
- professional development seminars (grant writing, presentations, etc.)
- community outreach, where fellows serve as content experts to area high school teachers
- The Molecular Biology Initiative Program is housed within the Department of Biology at Georgia Southern University.
- The goal of the program is to provide graduate students with professional enrichment opportunities and strong molecular biology training in diverse research areas.
- The MBI Program finacially supports fourteen fellows each year.