Dr. Ji Wu
- A.E. Hefei University (1994)
- M.Sc. Anhui Uinversity (2000)
- Ph.D. Texas Christian Uinversity (2007)
Dr. Wu´s PhD study was focused on the fabrication and optical properties of rare earth doped Group IV nano-materials under the supervision of Prof. Jeffery Coffer at Texas Christian University. From 2007-2012 he has been working in Dr. Bruce Hinds´ labs at University of Kentucky as a Postdoctoral Scholar in
the areas of transdermal drug delivery, chemical and bio-separations, nano-fluidics and biological membrane mimicking using functionalized carbon nanotube membranes. In August 2012, he joined Georgia Southern University as an Assistant Professor of Analytical Chemistry.
Dr. Wu’s research interests range from Analytical Chemistry, Solid State Chemistry, Materials Chemistry and Nanotechnology, as well as Pharmaceutical & Environmental Sciences.
Current Research Interests:
- Electrochemical energy storage using advanced nanomaterials
- Electrochemical sensors based on nanoporous membranes
- Programmable drug delivery using multifunctional smart nanomaterials
- CHEM 1145 and 1146 Principles of Chemistry
- CHEM 2242 Analytical Chemistry
- CHEM 4241 Instrumental Analysis
- CHEM 3090/7090 Characterization of Materials
- CHEM 4890 Analytical Research
- Ji Wu*, Ian Byrd, Congrui Jin, Jianlin Li, Hao Chen, Anju Sharma, Tyler Camp, and Ryan Bujol, ‘Reinvigorating Reverse Osmosis Membrane Technology for Stabilizing V 2 O 5 Lithium Ion Battery Cathode’, ChemElectroChem, 2017, 4, 1181-1189.
- Ian Byrd, Ji Wu*, ‘Asymmetric Membranes Containing Micron-Size Silicon for High Performance Lithium Ion Battery Anode’, Electrochimica Acta, 2016, 213, 46–54.
- Ji Wu*, Hao Chen, Ian Byrd, Shavonne Lovelace, Congrui Jin, ‘Fabrication of SnO 2 Asymmetric Membranes for High Performance Lithium Battery Anode’, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 2016, 8, 13946−13956.
- Ji Wu*, Hao Chen, Clifford Padgett, ‘Silicon Asymmetric Membranes for Efficient Lithium Storage-A Highly Scalable Method’, Energy Technology, 2016, 4, 502–509.
- Ian Byrd, Hao Chen, Theron Webber, Jianlin Li* and Ji Wu*, ‘Self-assembled asymmetric membrane containing micron-size germanium for high capacity lithium ion batteries’, RSC Adv., 2015, 5, 92878.
- T. Tran, K. McCormac, J. Li, Z. Bi, J. Wu, “Electrospun SnO2 and TiO2 Composite Nanofibers for Lithium Ion Batteries”, Electrochimica Acta, 2014, 117, 68-75.
Awards & Recognitions
- 2017 GSU Scholarly Pursuit Funding Award
- 2016 GSU COSM Excellence in Research Award
Last updated: 8/18/2017